Project Future

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:16 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Hello Andy,

You say

"Its just that for a while I didn't have any features I wanted to add as it was meeting all of our needs where I work. I now have some idea's for a v2, but just need to find time to work on them. "

Let's create project roadmap together?

I have implemented some features for me, like preconsolidation on the fly, attached Yahoo JS compression library, and would like to share those with you and others. But unfortunately I have the same problem as you - not enough time. But we could find out the project's scope, who know probably we could implement several more features.

What dou you think?

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2009 at 2:29 AM

That sounds like a great idea.  Can you send me a patch for both of the features you have worked on?  I have started a really high level overview of my plans for v2 in the planned release section of the site.  Take a look at it and let me know what you think.  I definitely welcome more ideas.  One of the ways I think this framework could really improve is in actually getting scripts and stylesheets included on a page.  Right now it pretty much only has out of the box support for classic ASP.NET web forms.  At my company, however, we are also using it on a few ASP.NET Mvc websites, both using the WebForms View Engine and the Spark View Engine.  I would like to try and bring support for both of those into this framework.  I would also like to expose some more extensibility points so that plugging something in like the Yahoo compression library does not require modification of the source code. (there is already the concept of an IContentFilter, its just a matter of providing an overridable factory to create the right kind)

Anyhow, thanks for being excited about the project and for wanting to help out.  BTW, what can I call you? :-)

~Andy

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Hello Andy,

The features you've described in the planned release section are great, especially support of MVC. I am working on two projects one of them is based on MVC.

Extensibility points are necessary too, when I plugged YUI Css compressor I needed it. Later I will write my suggestions for the future release.

I will send you my modifications today afternoon when I visit my office. I have send you private message with my email. Could you please give me your email in response on that private message in order I could send you modified library sources.

-- Aliaksei